Serious Case Reviews
The Serious Case review process is covered in Chapter 4 of Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013 (once open, you will need to scroll down to Chapter 4).
The Serious Case Review Panel support the LSCB in fulfilling its statutory duty to undertake reviews of cases where abuse or neglect of a child is known or suspected and either the child has died; or a child has been seriously harmed and there is cause for concern as to the way in which the Authority, their Board partners or other relevant persons have worked together to safeguard the child; and to advise on lessons that can be learnt.
The Serious Case Review Panel support the LSCB in identifying and managing Partnership Reviews of cases which do not meet the statutory SCR criteria but can provide valuable information about how organisations are working together and identify improvements which need to be made to local services.
The Suffolk Partnership Review process is outlined here
Please click on this link to access the Suffolk Partnership Review Process form CR1
LSCB Template of Learning for submitting cases for consideration. All cases/templates should first be discussed with your agency's CRP representative. Alternatively, you can contact Ali Spalding, LSCB Manager for advice on process. Any learning will subsequently be disseminated to all LSCB partner agencies. The Panel would also welcome examples of good practice or multi-agency learning.
Please refer to the section on the LSCB website About Us – Serious Case Review Panel for further information on Terms of Reference, forthcoming meeting dates and panel membership.
Learning from Serious Case Reviews
The Anderson Family Serious Case Review
- The Anderson Family LSCB SCR Report
- The Anderson Family LSCB Response - January 2014
- The Anderson Family LSCB Progress Report - September 2014
- The Anderson Family LSCB Executive Summary
- Press release from the LSCB
- LSCB Presentation Slides - Lessons from a Serious Case Review - The Anderson Family: January 2014
- Serious Case Reviews - Frequently Asked Questions
Suffolk Serious Case Reviews
- Summary Report Of The Findings Of The Independent Review Of Agency Involvement With Child ‘K’ - 2008
- Summary Report Of The Findings Of The Independent Review Of Agency Involvement With Child ‘D’ - 2008
- Summary Report Of The Findings Of The Independent Review Of Agency Involvement With Child ‘L’ - 2008
Other Case Reviews
- Five Serious Case Reviews (Tri-X-Childcare Limited ) - November 2013
- Overview of Serious Case Reviews – September 2013
- NSPCC Case Reviews Published in 2013
- Serious case reviews (an overview of the nationally published ones), related research and previously published information from Suffolk serious case reviews and case audits
- Learning (summary) LSCB Commission Case Audit – Child Z May 2012
- Overview on Serious Case Reviews - January 2011 – April 2012
- A summary of Serious Case Reviews and Case Audits in Suffolk 2007 – 2009
NSPCC briefing – learning from serious case reviews involving people whose first language is not English – December 2013.
Liaison and information exchange when criminal proceedings coincide with Chapter Four Serious Case Reviews or Welsh Child Practice Reviews – May 2014
This page was updated on 6 March 2015 (22 days ago)